The Energy Efficiency Engagement (3e) Secretariat of the Nordic Chamber of Commerce & Industry organized a seminar titled “Accessing Green Financing for Energy Efficiency”, held on Wednesday, February 17, 2016 at Hotel Lake Castle. The main focus of this event was to highlight the available financing opportunities for local companies who are looking at implement energy efficiency measures in their…
Why Energy Efficiency Should Be A Top Business Priority:
1. Reduce energy costs
Using less energy will lead to a reduction of energy costs. Either your overall energy costs will go down or the energy cost per item produced will go down.
2. Increase Production Capacity
Use the same amount of energy to produce more. Energy efficiency can help you expand production capacity without having to buy more energy e.g. for an additional production line.
3. Prepare for Future Energy Situation
If the energy prices in Bangladesh will increase in the coming years or if there will be continued shortage of energy (e.g. gas, diesel etc.), it is good business strategy start now using energy as efficiently as possible.
4. Reduce CO2 Emissions
Lowering CO2 emissions is critical to combat climate change and to reducing the effects of pollution.
5. Green Profile Towards Clients
Get a more green and sustainable profile towards buyers and clients e.g. show how much you have reduced CO2 emissions or measure the carbon footprint of your products.
What is Energy Efficiency
– Energy efficiency is a way of managing and restraining the growth in energy consumption. Something is more energy efficient if it delivers more services for the same energy input, or the same services for less energy input.
Source: International Energy Agency (IEA)
- when a lighting technology (e.g. LED) uses less energy than existing bulbs (e.g. incandescent or CFL) to produce the same amount of light.
- when installing an exhaust gas boiler can save many m3 of gas which can be used for expanding production.
- when optimizing energy use to produce more with the same or less energy.
The Energy Efficiency Secretariat organized a workshop on ‘Perspective from the performers – Energy Auditors’ on May 26, 2015 at Hotel Lake Castle in Gulshan, Dhaka. The workshop was a part of the Energy Efficiency Engagement (3e) programme being implemented by the Nordic Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Bangladesh (NCCI) and funded by Danida.…